A little sour, wonderful almond fragrance, and delicious crumb from the addition of flaked coconut. This is a delicious cake for those of us who like lemon and almonds.
About the recipe
I decided to play around with a couple of alternative flours in this lemon cake and the end result is positively delicious! Almond meal and shredded coconut add a wonderful crumbly, crunchy texture to this lemon cake, while the addition of sour cream keeps the cake soft and moist.
Truly, I was so surprised how awesome this cake turned out. Even the family thought it turned out great, each person had 2 slices 🍰🍰 😋.
With lots of fresh lemony goodness, moist yet spongy, and a hint of almond flavor; this lemon cake is a winner of a recipe. Give it a try!
Lemon Almond Bundt Cake
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2cups granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup soft butter, plus about 1 tsp softened butter for pan
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup lemonade syrup
- 1 tbsp amaretto or any almond liqueur or 1 tsp almond essence
- For icing juice of 1/2 lemon and 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- Zest of lemon for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter one large bundt cake pan and sprinkle sugar inside of pan.
- In a medium bowl sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Add almond flour and shredded coconut and mix together.
- In another bowl whip together softened butter, oil, eggs, vanilla, sour cream, amaretto, lemonade syrup and sugar until creamy.
- Combine the butter mixture with the flour mixture until well incorporated.
- Pour the batter into the baking pan and bake for 45-50 minutes until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Once cake is done, let the cake cool for 15-20 minutes before taking it out of the pan.
- To make the icing whisk together juice of 1/2 lemon and 1/2 cup powdered sugar. Drizzle over cake. Sprinkle with lemon zest and crushed toasted almonds.
Lemon bundt cake tastes wonderful with a scoop of vanilla ice cream 😋.
28 thoughts on “Lemon Almond Bundt Cake”
Mouth watering! I’ll try to make it without the eggs. Best of all i am amazed at your photography! Beautiful pictures!
Thank you ❤️
Kalpana I made this cake! Very delicious. Everyone loved it! The lemon flavor from the zest and syrup is very soothing. Even the crumbs are gone!
This is an awesome cake isn’t it?? Its one of my favorite cakes I love the lemon flavor and the almond texture in it. I’m so happy your family loved it as much mine did ❤️❤️ Thank for coming and commenting!
This looks absolutely amazing and delicious. I shall have to make it soon!
Please give the cake a try. It has to be one of my favorite cakes!
Looks delicious! I am sure it tastes great!
One of the best cakes I have made! This will taste wonderful with your delicious lemons!
this bundt cake looks amazing!(: and the recipe is so rich! thanks for sharing:)
You are welcome 😊. It’s my new favorite cake! I love the almond and lemon flavors tegether in this cake.
almond & lemon sounds good:) the texture of this cake is perfect!
Thank you! This is my new favorite cake now!!
It looks so juicy and delicious!!
Funny you should call it juicy because this cake is juicy!! I think it might be the lemonade syrup in it, because it has a burst of juicy texture in the cake 😋. This really is the best cakes I have made in a while 👌
It does look juicy!
I love the cake AND the plate. I.have a plate fetish. I will share my latest acquisition in a later post.
😀 I think we are related. I too love platters and serving dishes too much. My husband made me promise that for every new one I buy I have to give 2 away (I have too many platters ☺️) This one is so pretty isn’t it? It’s made in Italy and it has a painting of a cottage with lemon tree and roses. Look forward to seeing your collection too 😀.
Our husband’s must be related also.
Can I come over for a slice??😜. Sounds and looks scrumptious! Will have to make the lemon syrup and then will get busy with making the cake! Thanks for sharing the recipe!❤️
😀 If I had any left I would definitely drop some cake off for you! The family devoured it, they absolutely loved this cake. Funny think is Hitesh said he deosnt like lemon cake usually but this one he can’t stop eating 😀😋. Looks like I will be making it again soon, will save some for you 😍
looks delicious , I must try it .
looks delicious, I will try it.
This cake is amazingly delicious! I hope you make it. Please let me know how you liked it.
It’s relishing and lovely decoration..😍
Thank you 😊. This cake really is delicious 😋. If you like almonds and lemons then you will love this cake.