A lemon almond cake made with fresh lemons has a taste onto it’s own. I decided to play around with a couple of alternative flours in this lemon cake and the end result was positively delicious. Almond meal and shredded coconut add a wonderful crumbly and crunchy texture to this lemon cake, while the addition of sour cream keeps the cake soft and moist. Truly, I was so surprised how awesome this cake turned out. Even the family thought it turned out great, each person had 2 slices 🍰🍰 😋.
With lots of fresh lemony goodness, moist yet spongy, and a hint of almond flavor; this lemon cake is a winner of a recipe. Give it a try!
Lemon Almond Bundt Cake
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2cups granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup soft butter, plus about 1 tsp softened butter for pan
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup lemonade syrup
- 1 tbsp amaretto or any almond liqueur or 1 tsp almond essence
- For icing juice of 1/2 lemon and 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- Zest of lemon for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter one large bundt cake pan and sprinkle sugar inside of pan.
- In a medium bowl sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Add almond flour and shredded coconut and mix together.
- In another bowl whip together softened butter, oil, eggs, vanilla, sour cream, amaretto, lemonade syrup and sugar until creamy.
- Combine the butter mixture with the flour mixture until well incorporated.
- Pour the batter into the baking pan and bake for 45-50 minutes until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Once cake is done, let the cake cool for 15-20 minutes before taking it out of the pan.
- To make the icing whisk together juice of 1/2 lemon and 1/2 cup powdered sugar. Drizzle over cake. Sprinkle with lemon zest and crushed toasted almonds.
Lemon bundt cake tastes wonderful with a scoop of vanilla ice cream 😋.