Sweet Indian lemon pickle is a delicious condiment that is salty, sweet, tart and spicy. Perfect to have with any main dish.
About the recipe
This sweet lemon pickle recipe comes from my friend Devi who makes delicious lemon pickles 😋. The best part of this recipe is that it involves no cooking. Just mix the ingredients and let them marinate for a few days, and you have a sweet and tart lemon pickle ready to use at any time 🍋.
Sweet Lemon Pickle
recipe courtesy of Devi
- 5 cups of lemon cut into small pieces
- 1 tbsp of turmeric
- 2 tbsp of salt
- 1 tbsp of roasted cumin seeds powdered
- 1 1/2 cups of brown sugar
- 1 tsp of chili powder
- Toast cumin seeds on the stove for a couple of minutes until the cumin aroma is released. Cool and then powder in a spice mill.
- Take a large glass bowl and put the cut lemon pieces. Add the remaining ingredients including all the spices, salt and brown sugar. Mix well.
- Keep the lemon mixture on the counter for 3-4 of days. Stir the lemon mixture couple times a day, this assures that all the lemon absorbs the spices and sugar mixture.
- After 3 days sweet lemon pickle is ready to be bottled and refrigerated.