I used this wonderful homemade lemon sauce in an ice cream. The sauce not only adds a fresh sweet lemony flavor it also adds texture to the ice cream. This is is delicious creamy, sweet and tart ice cream with tender lemon pieces. Give it a try!
About the recipe
When preserving lemons with powdered sugar lemons become deliciously tender and sweet including the rind. These tender lemons are easy to blend into a wonderful sweet lemon sauce. The chunky lemons sauce is so delicious I sometimes just have a teaspoon or two to satisfy my sweet tooth! The sauce can also be topped over yogurt or had as a compote with pancake or crepes.
- 1/2 cup preserved lemon sauce
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup honey or 1//2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- In a bowl mix all the ingredients together until well blended.
- Pour the cream mixture into an ice-cream maker until thick and creamy.
- Transfer to a container and freeze.
- Serve lemon ice-cream garnished with fresh mint leaf.
🍋🍋🍋 When life gives you lemons, ,,, 🍋🍨😋.
2 thoughts on “Lemon Vanilla Ice Cream”
Mouthwatering! Perfect for summer.
Thanks Basanthi, I hope you will try and make it.