Crunchy bright green sugar snap peas stir fryed with shallots and then tossed with greens and a honey mustard vinaigrette – this is one flavor packed salad.
The inspiration for this wonderful spring salad came to me when I made a spring veggie paella in which I had lightly stir fried sugar snap peas with shallots. These veggies looked so good with the bright green sugar snap peas and caramelized shallots that I was tempted to just serve the veggies as a side dish or even as a salad.
The honey mustardy vinaigrette adds a nice tangy sweet burst of flavor that enhances the sweetness of the sugar snap peas perfectly. Add chunks of feta and greens like peppery arugula or baby lettuce, and you get a wonderful salad with loads of flavor.
Shallot and Sugar Snap Peas Stir Fry Salad
with Dijon Honey Mustard Vinaigrette
- 4 cups sugar snap peas
- 2-3 shallots cut into chunks
- 2 garlic cloves finely minced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Fresh ground black pepper
- Greens of your choice. I used arugula leaves.
- Feta cheese cut into big chunks
- honey mustard vinaigrette. Make the honey mustard vinaigrette and set aside.
- In a large sauté pan warm olive oil. Add the garlic and shallot and cook until shallot is translucent – about 2 minutes.
- Add all the sugar snap peas and stir-fry for about 3 minutes so the peas get a little tender but still remain crunchy. Turn the stove off. Add salt and pepper. If you want to serve it as a side dish, veggies are ready!
- To make the salad. In a large salad bowl place the sugar snap peas and top with greens of your choice.
- Right before serving, toss with mustard vinaigrette and feta cheese. Serve immediately.
6 thoughts on “Shallot and Sugar Snap Peas Stir Fry Salad with Dijon Honey Mustard Vinaigrette”
Can’t wait to try this…😋
Awesome! Let me know how you like it.
I love the fresh appearance of this salad. Looks healthy and delicious!
Thank you, I think its all the crunchy sugar snap peas and also the edible flowers that make the salad look so pretty 😊