With Spring in full swing, this is a wonderfully light and flavor packed soup made with fresh herbs.
About the recipe
What shines in this soup is all the fresh herbs. A variety of herbs whichever you prefer is what partakes the fabulous fresh herb flavor in this spring inspired soup.
Cook together cauliflower, bell pepper, potato with garlic and fresh herbs. Then blend into a creamy soup. It’s that easy.
Cauliflower Bell Pepper Potato Soup with Fresh Picked Herbs
- 2 medium cauliflower heads – florets chopped and set aside. About 10-12 cups
- 6 garlic cloves finely cut
- 1 large bell pepper cut into small pieces
- 1 potato peeled and cut into small pieces
- Fresh picked herbs such as thyme, basil, mint, rosemary, chives, and sage. About 4-6 tbsp finely chopped
- 5 cups vegetable broth
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup milk (optional)
- 4 tbsp cream cheese or goat cheese (optional)
- Sprinkle of paprika for garnish
- In a large pot heat 2 tbsp olive oil. Sauté garlic until tender about 5-10 seconds. Next add cut cauliflower, bell peppers, potatoes, salt and pepper. Add 2 cups water and cook covered for 10 minutes until all the vegetables are tender.
- After 10 minutes add 5 cups broth, add sage leaves and heat soup for 5 more minutes until hot and bubbling.
- Turn the stove off. Discard sage leaves. Using a hand blender puree soup into a creamy texture. Place soup back on stove. Add all the chopped fresh herbs and mix-in. Add milk and goat cheese if using and heat through until the soup is bubbly and hot. If needed add more water to thin the soup to your liking. Soup is ready.
- Serve cauliflower soup garnished with extra sprigs of herbs, a drizzle of olive oil and sprinkle of paprika.
10 thoughts on “Cauliflower, Bell Pepper, Potato Soup with Fresh Picked Herbs”
I’ve been looking for a good cf recipe! Thanks for posting. I’m trying this out ASAP.
I hope youl like it! Please come back and let me know how the cauliflower soup turned out. Thanks.
Looks delicious. Will try soon.
I hope you like it!
Good. For a variation, you can do with the same tecipe instead of cauliflower you can use broccoli with a cup of carrots. Try and see if you like.
Thank you for the suggestion Aunty. I will definitely try the broccoli and carrot combo and let you know!
Love the combination of fresh herbs and cauliflower 😋 It’s delicious
Thanks. I too love cauliflower and herbs too 🌿🌱
Soup with cauliflower ! I never tried, looks really great and delicious 💯
Cauliflower soup is popular here and we make it many variations, including with lemongrass and Asian spices. I am sure you will love it.