Spring Cauliflower Soup with Fresh Picked Herbs
- 2 medium cauliflower heads – florets chopped and set aside. About 10-12 cups
- 6 garlic cloves finely cut
- 1 large bell pepper cut into small pieces
- 1 potato peeled and cut into small pieces
- Fresh picked herbs such as thyme, basil, mint, rosemary, chives, and sage. About 4-6 tbsp finely chopped
- 5 cups vegetable broth
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup milk (optional)
- 4 tbsp cream cheese or goat cheese (optional)
- Sprinkle of paprika for garnish
- In a large pot heat 2 tbsp olive oil. Sauté garlic until tender about 5-10 seconds. Next add cut cauliflower, bell peppers, potatoes, salt and pepper. Add 2 cups water and cook covered for 10 minutes until all the vegetables are tender.
- After 10 minutes add 5 cups broth, add sage leaves and heat soup for 5 more minutes until hot and bubbling.
- Turn the stove off. Discard sage leaves. Using a hand blender puree soup into a creamy texture. Place soup back on stove. Add all the chopped fresh herbs and mix-in. Add milk and goat cheese if using and heat through until the soup is bubbly and hot. If needed add more water to thin the soup to your liking. Soup is ready.
- Serve cauliflower soup garnished with extra sprigs of herbs, a drizzle of olive oil and sprinkle of paprika.