This cauliflower leek soup is the creamiest soup ever. And that too without the need for a rue, milk, cream, cheese or even nut milk.
About the recipe
Super delicious, light and flavorful, this creamy vegan cauliflower soup tastes so good that you’ll forget that it’s good for you too.
The creamy texture comes from blending the cauliflower soup in a blender until smooth. Look how creamy tender cauliflower gets when blended!
With just cauliflower, leeks, salt, pepper, olive oil and water, even I was surprised how awesome the soup turned out. In fact my original recipe was going to include lots of fresh basil and a pinch of nutmeg.
But when I tasted the the soup it tasted so good that I left the basil and nutmeg out. Why mess with a good thing?
This soup is so delicious you’ll wish you had leftovers but unfortunately or fortunately your family will have bowls of seconds and even thirds! Give it a try!
Creamy Vegan Leek and Cauliflower Soup
- Head of 1 large cauliflower cut into small florets
- 4 leeks stalks white and light green parts finely cut about 4 cups cut leeks. Or 1 large white onion finely cut
- Salt and pepper
- Olive oil
- Fresh chives for garnish
- In a large pot heat 3 tbsp olive oil. Sauté leeks until tender about 5 minutes. Add the cauliflower, salt and pepper. Cover and cook for 5 minutes for the cauliflower to become slightly tender.
- Add 5 cups water bring to a boil and cook covered until the cauliflower is completely soft about 7-10 minutes.
- Transfer cauliflower leek soup to a blender in batches and blend until smooth. Be careful, as the soup is hot! Place back in the soup pot. Taste and adjust for more salt if needed. Sometimes I find after pureeing soup needs a pinch of extra salt, so taste and adjust accordingly.
- Add fresh chives and extra black pepper if you like and warm through. Soup is ready!
- Serve warm with garnish of chives, a dusting of black pepper and a drizzle of olive oil.
8 thoughts on “Creamy Leek and Cauliflower Soup”
I definitely want to make this soup sometime this week. I have cauliflower but not Leeks so need to buy it, But the soup looks so good!
Thanks for yet another great vegan recipe.
That’s great Devi, I know you prefer the non dairy recipes, I hope you like this one!
This looks so good. The olive oil looks like the perfect yummy addition.
Thank you 😊
Me too Rose 😀
Swati you too, let me know how it turns out!
I cannot wait to make this! 😋
Would love to hear how it turned out.