Its amazing how delicious fresh veggies such as cauliflower and fennel can taste with such minimal effort. Creamy, delicious, and so good you’ll forget that it’s healthy too. Made with just olive oil, cauliflower, fennel and leeks, salt and pepper – these are the ingredients that make this soup taste so good. And as creamy as the soup is one would think it has cream. Not! Just water and tender veggies that get blended until creamy.
I asked Hitesh to make this soup last Sunday and he was pleasantly surprised at how deliciously creamy the soup turned out and how healthy it is too! Now that he’s figured out how to make the soup so good, I’ll be asking him to make it again 😊😋. For a delicious, healthy, and easy soup to make on a quiet Sunday evening or any evening really, give this one a try.
Cauliflower Fennel Soup
- 1 head of cauliflower cut into florets
- 2-3 fennel bulbs white parts finely cut
- 2 leeks white and light green parts finely cut
- 5 garlic cloves (optional) finely minced
- Olive Oil
- Salt and pepper
- In a large pot warm 2 tbsp olive oil. Add the leeks and garlic and cook until leeks are tender about 2-4 minutes.
- Next add the cauliflower and fennel, salt and pepper. Saute for about 5 minutes. Then add 5 cups water. Cover the pot and cook until veggies are tender.
- In a blender blend the soup until creamy. Note: Be careful when blending! As the soup is hot!
- Place the creamed soup back in the pot and taste for salt and adjust accordingly. Warm through until bubbly and hot.
- Serve with drizzle of olive oil.