Its amazing how delicious fresh veggies like cauliflower and fennel can taste with such minimal effort. This soup is creamy, delicious, and so good you’ll forget that it’s healthy too.
About the recipe
Made with just olive oil, cauliflower, fennel and leeks, salt and pepper – these are the ingredients that make this soup taste so good. As creamy as the soup is one would think it has cream. Not! Just water and tender veggies that get blended until creamy.
For a delicious, healthy, and easy soup to make on a quiet Sunday evening or any evening really, give this one a try.
Cauliflower Fennel Soup
- 1 head of cauliflower cut into florets
- 2-3 fennel bulbs white parts finely cut
- 2 leeks white and light green parts finely cut
- 5 garlic cloves (optional) finely minced
- Olive Oil
- Salt and pepper
- In a large pot warm 2 tbsp olive oil. Add the leeks and garlic and cook until leeks are tender about 2-4 minutes.
- Next add the cauliflower and fennel, salt and pepper. Saute for about 5 minutes. Then add 5 cups water. Cover the pot and cook until veggies are tender.
- In a blender blend the soup until creamy. Note: Be careful when blending! As the soup is hot!
- Place the creamed soup back in the pot and taste for salt and adjust accordingly. Warm through until bubbly and hot.
- Serve with drizzle of olive oil.