Radish and Chickpea Salad
- 1 bunch pink radish – about 6 radish cut into small pieces
- 1 can garbanzo beans drained and rinsed. About 1 1/2 – 2 cups
- 1 small shallot or onion finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove finely minced
- 2 stalks celery cut into small chunks
- 6-10 mint leaves finely chopped
- Crisp romaine lettuce cut into chunks (optional)
- Maple Syrup Vinaigrette
- Make the dressing and set aside.
- In a bowl place the celery, radish, onions, garlic, mint, chickpeas, salt and pepper.
- Toss the vegetables with the dressing and place in the refrigerator to marinate.
- When ready to serve, place romaine lettuce in a bowl and top with chickpea and radish mixture. Garnish with mint leaves and serve right away.