It’s summer and stone fruit season is here! Peaches, apricots, plums, pluots, nectarines and cherries are all so delicious in the summertime; you know summer is here when we see all these fruits piled up high at the farmer’s market.
One of the many ways to use juicy stone fruits is to toss them in a salad. I had a delicious salad that my friend Rose had made with ripe peaches and a walnut oil dressing that was sweet, tangy, and yummy 😋. Give this salad a try with juicy peaches this summer!
Juicy Peach and Super Greens Salad with Fennel and Walnut Dressing
recipe courtesy of Rose
- 1 lb mix of super greens such as baby spinach, arugula, baby kale
- 2-3 ripe peaches cut into slices
- 1 fennel bulb cut into thin slices
- 1 small cucumber sliced thin
- 1/4 cup toasted almonds
- Gorgonzola or bleu cheese – as much as you want (optional)
- Walnut oil dressing
- A few cilantro or parsley leaves – as much as you want
- Make walnut oil dressing and set aside.
- Place the cut cucumber in a large salad bowl; next add all the greens, cheese, fennel and nuts. Top with cut peaches.
- When ready to serve, drizzle with walnut oil vinaigrette and toss everything together.
- Delicious juicy peach salad with fennel and super greens is ready to eat 😋!