Broccolini Salad with Mint and Chive Greek Yogurt Dressing
- 8 cups salad greens or baby spinach
- 8 cups broccolini
- 1/4 of a small onion cut into thin slices
- 2-4 tbsp Pecorino Romano cheese
- 2-4 cloves garlic
- Ingredients for Dressing:
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 4 tbsp milk
- 2 tbsp finely chopped chives
- 2 tbsp finely chopped mint leaves – about 8 mint leaves
- 4 tbsp white balsamic vinegar or white wine vinegar
- 6 tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic finely minced
- Salt and pepper
- Make the Greek Yogurt drrssing. Set aside. Greek yogurt salad dressing with mint and chives
- Roast the broccolini: Roast broccolini with 1-2 tbsp olive oil, 4 crushed garlic cloves, and some salt and pepper. The broccolini will condense down to 4- 6 cups. You can adjust the garlic and olive oil according to your vegetable quantity. Toss all ingredients together on a baking sheet and bake in a 375-degree oven for 15-20 minutes until broccolini is slightly charred. Set aside.
- Assemble the Salad: When ready to serve salad, in a bowl place the roasted broccolini, salad greens, and onion slices. Drizzle with desired yogurt dressing and toss together. Top with picorino romano cheese and serve immediately.
Cook’s Notes: The dressing in this salad is on the spicy edgy side. Adjust the amount of dressing according to your taste.