Spinach and arugula salad with persimmons, orange & pomegranate is a delicious salad I had at a holiday party with a group of wonderful gals recently. One of our friends Deb brought this colorful salad that was so beautiful that I almost felt bad taking some of the salad and disrupting the lovely presentation.
This salad is as delicious as it is beautiful. Wonderful greens mixed with fruits in season such as Fuyu persimmons, pomegranate, and oranges; all garnished with red onions, walnuts and feta cheese, and then tossed in orange Dijon vinaigrette. My mouth waters just writing all this 😋. What an awesome salad this is! I got the recipe from Deb that same day and made it for another holiday party and as expected the salad was a huge hit there as well!
For a gorgeous looking salad that tastes as good as it looks, try making this spinach and arugula salad with in-season persimmons, pomegranate, and oranges. A sure fire winner of a winter salad this is!
Spinach and Arugula Salad with Persimmons and Orange
recipe contributed by Deb
- Baby spinach
- 1 orange. Use the segments of orange or salad
- 1 to 2 persimmons cut into slices
- Small red onion cut into thin rings
- Feta cheese, as much as you want or I used white cheddar cheese and it tasted great as well.
- Toasted pecans – as much as you want
- 1 cup pomegranate seeds
- Orange Dijon Poppy Seed Vinaigrette
- In a salad bowl place the cut onions first. Then top with oranges and persimmons. Next pile on the arugula and spinach.
- Keep this ready until ready to serve. Right before serving the salad top with toasted pecans and cheese.
- Toss with orange dijon vinaigrette and serve immediately.