Wonderful greens mixed with fruits in season such as Fuyu persimmons, pomegranate, and oranges; all garnished with red onions, walnuts and feta cheese, and then tossed in orange Dijon vinaigrette.
Spinach and arugula salad with persimmons, orange & pomegranate is a delicious salad I had at a holiday party with a group of wonderful gals recently.
One of our friends Deb brought this colorful salad that was so beautiful that I almost felt bad taking some of the salad and disrupting the lovely presentation.
This salad is as delicious as it is beautiful.
My mouth waters just writing all this 😋. What an awesome salad this is! I got the recipe from Deb that same day and made it myself, and as expected the salad was a huge hit again.
For a gorgeous looking salad that tastes as good as it looks, try making this salad. A sure fire winner of a winter salad this is!
Spinach and Arugula Salad with Persimmons and Orange
recipe contributed by Deb
- Baby spinach
- 1 orange. Use the segments of orange or salad
- 1 to 2 persimmons cut into slices
- Small red onion cut into thin rings
- Feta cheese, as much as you want or I used white cheddar cheese and it tasted great as well.
- Toasted pecans – as much as you want
- 1 cup pomegranate seeds
- Orange Dijon Poppy Seed Vinaigrette
- In a salad bowl place the cut onions first. Then top with oranges and persimmons. Next pile on the arugula and spinach.
- Keep this ready until ready to serve. Right before serving the salad top with toasted pecans and cheese.
- Toss with orange dijon vinaigrette and serve immediately.