Orange Dijon Vinaigrette is a recipe I collected from my friend Deb whom I recently saw at a holiday luncheon where she had brought an arugula and spinach salad with persimmons, orange, and pomegranate. This salad tasted outstanding! Not only was the combination of greens and fruit perfect, the dressing made the salad taste even better.
About the recipe
I asked Deb for her vinaigrette recipe and her text to me was hilarious 😀
“Dressing: Dijon, orange juice, Muscat vinegar, olive oil, salt, pepper, poppy seeds (I make my own so make to taste)… ❤️” Deb
I could absolutely relate to her text haha! I don’t measure anything either when I am cooking unless I plan to share the recipe on my blog 😀. So I took Deb’s text and made the orange vinaigrette measuring as I went along 😊.
With the lovely taste of fresh orange juice and the unique flavor of Dijon mustard, this is a delicious vinaigrette that will taste great on any salad. Give it a try!
Orange Dijon Vinaigrette
recipe contributed by Deb
- 3 tsp Dijon mustard
- Juice from 1/2 orange – about 1/4 cup
- 6 tbsp Muscat vinegar or any sweet balsamic vinegar
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tsp honey
- 1 tsp poppy seeds (optional)
- Combine all the ingredients except for poppy seeds. Whisk until your get a creamy dressing.
- Taste and adjust for salt and extra vinegar for sourness.
- Next add poppy seeds and mix in. Dressing is ready.