Surprisingly the combination of orange and bleu cheese along with pomegranate seeds and the peppery bite of arugula tastes really good together in a salad.
About the recipe
I make lots of salads but I would never think to combine a citrus flavor such as orange with blue cheese – it wouldn’t be a combination that would occur to me. But here it tastes really fabulous.
This combination of pomegranate fruit, orange and bleu cheese salad is a recipe that was shared by our friend Alicia at a holiday lunch recently.
With a fruity white balsamic dressing, this salad was refreshing as it was pungent from the blue cheese – all somehow complimenting each other wonderfully and deliciously good together. Here is the recipe.
Pomegranate Orange Salad with Bleu Cheese & White Balsamic Dressing.
Recipe contributed by Alicia
Makes 4 servings
- 1 bag arugula or wild rocket leaves plus 1 bag baby spinach. About 2 cups each.
- 2 tangerines or 1 navel orange. Peeled, seeded and skin removed, use just fleshy wedges.
- 1 cup pomegranate seeds
- 3 tbsp crumbled bleu cheese
- Ingredients for dressing: White Balsamic Vinaigrette Recipe
- 4 tbsp Pomegranate white balsamic vinegar or any white wine balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup Olive oil
- 1/2 tsp mustard
- Salt and pepper
- Make dressing and set aside.
- In a large bowl toss together arugula and baby spinach with oranges, pomegranate seeds and dressing.
- Top with bleu cheese and lightly mix the salad.
- Serve immediately.