One of my most requested appetizer recipes over the years has been a mushroom and artichoke baguette that I make for parties.
About the recipe
Every time I served these baguettes I received so many requests for the recipe that over the years I have typed and re-typed it and emailed it to many.
I made this appetizer more times than I can count for parties that finally I got tired and stopped making them completely. Then recently the kids asked me how come I haven’t made my mushroom and artichoke appetizer in a long time? They were craving some 😋.
So I dug up my emails from years gone and made them once again when I had my uncle visiting from India. His newly married nephew and wife came to see him from Salt Lake City and making a yummy appetizer for a large gathering seemed just perfect. These baguettes tasted just as awesome as the first time I made them over fifteen years ago 😋.
Flavor Packed little appetizers
These baguettes are delicious little appetizers that your guests will devour. The best thing about it is that the mushroom stuffing can be made in advance and even assembled to bake later. Just pop in the oven right before guests arrive. Served warm and toasty these are delectable appetizers that will not disappoint.
Mushrooms, artichokes, cheese, garlic and onions,
Mushrooms, artichokes, cheese, garlic and onions, these ingredients are what give this dish all that amazing flavor. Simple ingredients for phenomenal flavor. Give these mushroom and artichoke baguettes a try at your next party or gathering!
Mushroom and Artichoke Baguette
- 6 cups chopped mushrooms
- 1 can artichoke hearts – about 1 1/2 cups.
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 garlic clove finely chopped
- 2 tbsp chives finely chopped
- 1 cup shredded gruyere cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp butter for mushroom mixture plus more to spread on baguette slices
- 1 baguette loaf cut into bite size pieces
- In a pan melt 1 tbsp butter and sauté garlic and onions until slightly caramelized about 5 minutes. Add the cut mushrooms and sauté until the mushrooms are tender and the mushroom water is evaporated about 5-10 minutes. Set aside.
- Drain and squeeze out the water from the canned artichokes and place in a mixing bowl. Mash the artichokes with your hands.
- Add the cooked mushrooms to the artichokes, shredded cheese, black pepper and chives. Mix together to form a mushroom mixture. Taste and add salt if needed.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Butter one side of baguette slices and place butter side down on a baking sheet.
- Start topping the baguettes with mushroom mixture. Place a tablespoonful onto each slice.
- When all the baguette slices are topped with mushroom mixture drizzle olive oil over all the slices. Bake for 20 minutes until baguettes are crunchy and cheese is melted.
- Serve mushroom artichoke baguettes warm or at room temperature.
11 thoughts on “Mushroom and Artichoke Baguette”
Finally made artichoke and mushroom baguette and made spinach and onion frittata last week – turned out great.
Sounds delightful. Thanks for sharing 🙂
Thank you for stopping by. This is an awesome appetizer and very easy to make too. Enjoy!
kalpana, these were so delicious! despite my having to make some last-minute substitutions, i.e., no baguettes, just dutch crunch rolls at the store, no idea when to add minced garlic, etc., i’m really happy with how they turned out. i had leftover filling, so i made a quesadilla for breakfast this morning – yum! i will add more prep time next time i make them. thx for the recipe and your wonderful blog 🙂
Joji, I tasted what you made when you brought them to the Simon’s Hanukkah party and they were outstanding! You did a great job! Using the stuffing in a quesadilla sounds so delicious 😋 what a great idea!
Thank you for yoru kind words Joji! Always a pleasure to hear from you!
Hi Kalpana and Rose,
This recipe looks so delicious and pretty easy. I think I’d like to make this for the Simon Hanukkah dinner. Okay with you, Kalpana? You’re already making something else?
Ofcourse! You are welcome to make these mushroom baguettes! Look forward to tasting them made by someone other than myself 😊.
So simple. Looks delicious. Will try.
It is very easy to make and tastes amazing! Try it for sure!
This looks really good!
Thank you! These appetizers are always a big hit and I never have any leftovers 😀.