Here is a recipe for a beet and olive salad that is pretty to look at and delicious. We had this wonderful beet salad with lemon herb dressing at our friends Swati and Tarak’s home when we went over for a holiday dinner. Swati got inspired to use a few lemons from one of many fruit trees in her hillside garden and made a Lemon Herb Dressing to go with her outstanding Super Greens, Beets and Olives Salad.
Beets & Olives Salad with Feta, Super Greens & Lemon Herb Dressing
makes 8 servings
recipe courtesy of Swati
- 1 large bag Super Greens (baby kale, arugula and baby spinach blend) salad mix -about 8 cups
- 1 large beet peeled and steamed until tender
- 1 ripe avocado cut into small pieces
- 1/2 cup green olives
- 1 small cucumber cut into cubes
- 1/2 cup Feta cheese
- Ingredients for Lemon Herb Dressing: Lemon Herb Dressing.
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 1 tsp herbs of your choice like chopped fresh mint, basil, thyme or chives.
- 2 tsp sugar or honey
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup Olive oil
- Make Lemon Herb Dressing and Set aside. Here is the link to my recipe for Lemon Herb Dressing
- Cut cooked beets into small bite size pieces.
- In a large salad bowl place the super greens. Add cooked beets, cucumbers, avocado and olives and toss with Lemon Herb Dressing until well incorporated.
- Top with crumbled Feta cheese and serve immediately.