With a sprinkling of briny olives, tangy Feta cheese, and sweet beets this is a rather eclectic salad. This wonderful beet salad with lemon herb dressing was made by my friend Swati when we went over to our friends Swati and Tarak’s home for a holiday dinner with the family. For the dressing Swati got inspired to use a few lemons from one of many fruit trees in her hillside garden and made a Lemon Herb Dressing for her outstanding Super Greens, Beets and Olives Salad.
Beets & Olives Salad with Feta, Super Greens & Lemon Herb Dressing
makes 8 servings
recipe courtesy of Swati
- 1 large bag Super Greens (baby kale, arugula and baby spinach blend) salad mix -about 8 cups
- 1 large beet peeled and steamed until tender
- 1 ripe avocado cut into small pieces
- 1/2 cup green olives
- 1 small cucumber cut into cubes
- 1/2 cup Feta cheese
- Ingredients for Lemon Herb Dressing: Lemon Herb Dressing.
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 1 tsp herbs of your choice like chopped fresh mint, basil, thyme or chives.
- 2 tsp sugar or honey
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup Olive oil
- Make Lemon Herb Dressing and Set aside. Here is the link to my recipe for Lemon Herb Dressing
- Cut cooked beets into small bite size pieces.
- In a large salad bowl place the super greens. Add cooked beets, cucumbers, avocado and olives and toss with Lemon Herb Dressing until well incorporated.
- Top with crumbled Feta cheese and serve immediately.