Warm, delicious and oh so gourmet looking, these panko stuffed mushrooms will be a hit no matter what occassion you make them for. A while ago I had made eggplant parmesan with a Parmesan panko mixture that turned out really good! When I made the eggplant parmesan I had way more panko mixture than I needed and ended up saving the remainder in the refrigerator. The panko mixture lasted a good one-month in the fridge. Finally I got around to using the panko mixture in something different this time – as a stuffing inside mushrooms. These stuffed mushrooms are so easy to make with the most stupendous of results!! They make for great party appetizers or even just to have while hanging out with the family on a late Sunday afternoon. Give it a try!
To make the stuffed mushrooms all I did is saute the mushroom stalks and added them to the Parmesan panko mix, and then stuffed the mushrooms. Drizzled with olive oil and baked them for 30 minutes for the most delicious stuffed mushroom appetizer!
Parmesan Panko Stuffed Mushrooms
makes 15-20 stuffed mushrooms
- 1/2 cup panko
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2-3 garlic cloves finely minced
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tsp thyme
- Olive oil
- 2 tbsp butter
- Chili flakes (optional)
- 15-20 medium sized mushrooms. Stalks removed. Chop the stalks into small pieces and set aside. Place the mushroom caps on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Drizzle mushrooms with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Preheat oven to 375F degrees.
- In a sauté pan warm the butter and sauté garlic and cut mushroom stalks until they are tender.
- In the meantime mix panko, Parmesan cheese, and thyme together. Add this to the cooked mushrooms stalks. Taste and add more salt and pepper if needed. Turn the stove off.
- Stuff spoonfuls of panko mixture into the mushroom caps. Sprinkle more Parmesan cheese on top, and add some chili flakes if you like. Next drizzle with olive oil.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes until the stuffing is brown and hot and bubbly.
- Take the stuffed mushrooms out of the oven and serve warm.