Wild mushrooms and leeks with melted Brie is an appetizer that my daughter Rani and I made for our Thanksgiving dinner and what a spectacular dish it turned out to be. Delicious, cheesy, flavorful and beautiful – melted Brie with mushrooms and leeks is one showstopper of an appetizer!
Very easy to make with the most decadent of results, this cheesy appetizer was so good that our family cleaned out the entire platter!
All this requires is a leek, a few mushrooms, garlic, rosemary and Brie. Sauté the mushrooms and leeks in butter and place on top of Brie with a sprig of rosemary, then melt the Brie in the oven. Serve with toasted baguette for a scrumptious appetizer that will surely wow your dinner guests.
Here is a cook’s note that will definitely help – when picking Brie for this recipe there is no need to pick the most expensive because the flavors mostly come from the mushrooms and leeks. So go ahead and choose a more affordable Brie wheel for this, you can’t go wrong.
Wild Mushrooms & Leeks with Melted Brie
- 1 leek stalk – while and light green parts finely cut
- 1 small box of mushrooms – about 10-12 mushroom cut thinly
- 2 -4 garlic cloves minced
- 1 sprig of rosemary
- 1 wheel of brie
- 2 tbsp butter
- Salt and pepper
- Walnuts as much as you want
- Baguette sliced
- Olive oil to brush the baguette
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees
- Brush the baguette slices with olive oil and toast in oven for 10 minutes. Set aside.
- In a pan melt butter and sauté leeks, mushrooms and garlic for about 5-7 minutes until the veggies are tender and the aroma of veggies is released.
- Place a parchment paper on a baking sheet. Place the Brie on the paper. Pile on the the mushroom leek mixture. Top with a sprig of fresh rosemary. Sprinkle salt and pepper and evenly distribute walnuts around the Brie.
- Bake Brie for 10-15 minutes.
- Take Brie out of the oven and place on a platter and serve with toasted baguette.
2 thoughts on “Wild Mushrooms & Leeks with Melted Brie”
Looks very delicious.
Very nice recipe.