This is a perfect make-ahead salad that is easy and delicious. Mix all the ingredients with a vinaigrette and keep in the refrigerator until ready to serve. The only question in this persimmon salad is “to arugula or not to arugula.” Meaning, the salad can be had with or without the greens, it will taste great either way. Here is the recipe.
- 2 Fuyu crisp persimmons cut into small pieces
- 2 stalks celery cut into small pieces
- 2 tbsp dried cranberries
- 1 small shallot finely chopped
- 2 tbsp toasted walnuts
- 3 cups arugula leaves
- Maple Syrup Salad Dressing
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp grainy mustard
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 3-4 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Make maple syrup dressing and set aside.
- Place the cut persimmons, celery, shallot, and cranberries in a salad bowl. Add maple syrup dressing to completely coat everything. Place salad in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- When ready to serve salad, toss with arugula leaves and top with toasted walnuts.