Our family loves Greek yogurt with berries and granola. It’s our go-to breakfast and many times we even have it as an afternoon snack too. With fall upon us and crunchy fruits like apples and persimmons in abundance let me share another variation of Greek yogurt parfait. This version perks up Greek yogurt with fresh herbs from the garden.
Sweet herbs like mint and basil add a fresh unexpected surprise to the Greek yogurt when combined with crunchy fall fruits like apples, Asian pears, and persimmons. Then add a few raisins and fresh grated ginger, all topped with a dirzzle of honey. This will make a delicious fall-inspired crunchy Greek yogurt parfait.
The inspiration for this style of herbed Greek yogurt came from cafe Juliet in Sommerville, Massachusets where we stopped at before our tour of the Taza Chocolate Factory while visiting Boston a while back.. There was a little surprise flavor to the sweet yogurt parfait that kept us guessing what it was as we continued to eat their delicious yogurt 🤔. I complimented the chef on the parfait and told him I liked the avant garde flavor and he shared his unexpected secret ingredient – herbs! Yes, herbs – as in those we typically use in stews and soups. Just a few sprig goes a long way. Give it a try!
Herbed Greek Yogurt with Crunchy Fruit & Granola
makes 2 servings
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp herbs like finely chopped mint and basil.
- Dried carnberries or raisins as much as you want
- 1 tsp fresh grated ginger
- 1 small sweet crunchy apple chopped
- 1 persimmon or Asian pear finely chopped
- Roasted pistachios if you have
- 4 tbsp granola of your choice (optional)
- In a bowl mix Greek yogurt with herbs and fresh ginger. Divide among two bowls.
- Now add the chopped fruit and raisins and pistachios.
- Drizzle honey.
- Top with granola if using and serve.