I can’t say enough great things about my friend Shalini and her culinary skills. She has to be the most creative cook I know. Any time I am at a party where Shalini is invited I always look forward to tasting her interesting new veggie dishes. Dinner at our mutual friends Swati and Tarak’s place was one of those occasions when Shalini once again brought a couple of her creative and delicious vegetarian dishes – a broad bean salad and a spicy roasted butternut squash. Both were exceptional. I will post the recipe for her spicy butternut squash soon, here I am sharing Shalini’s delicious broad bean salad recipe which is easy to make and requires minimal effort.
Broad Bean Salad
recipe courtesy of Shalini
- 2 cans broad beans drained and rinsed. Broad beans are also known at fava beans.
- 1 zucchini cut into small chunks
- 4 pink radishes thinly sliced
- A handful of cherry tomatoes cut in halves
- 1 avocado
- Yellow Mustard vinaigrette
- 1 tsp Yellow mustard
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Salt & pepper
- Make yellow mustard vinaigrette. Set aside. Yellow mustard salad dressing recipe and instructions
- In a salad bowl toss together broad beans, zucchini, tomatoes, radish and vinaigrette. Keep in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Right before serving salad cut 1 avocado and gently toss in salad. Serve right away.