Want to give homemade granola over the holidays? Try making this variation of granola with the sweet aroma of cardamom. If you like the exotic flavor of cardamom, this will become your new favorite granola.
About the recipe
To make this recipe easy I made my granola with already roasted cashews and pistachios and just added them at the end after the granola was toasted. Easy to make and delicious this granola recipe will have you enjoying your granola with Greek yogurt in the mornings. Give it a try!
Cardamom Cashew Pistachio Granola
- 4 cups old fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 cup shelled, raw, unsalted sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup roasted pistachios (I used roasted salted pistachios)
- 1/2 cup roasted cashews
- 1 tbsp fresh ground cardamom plus 1 tsp more
- 1 cup maple syrup preferably grade A amber maple syrup
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 cup raisins
- Position the rack in the center of the oven and preheat oven to 325°F.
- Place the oats, sunflower seeds, and 1 tbsp cardamom in a large bowl and combine.
- Next add maple syrup and oil and mix together.
- Spread the oats mixture on a baking sheet.
- Bake the granola until it begins to brown, first for about 25 minutes. After 25 minutes stir it every 10 minutes with a flat spatula.
- Let the granola continue to bake until it is golden brown, dry, and fragrant, about 15 to 20 minutes longer for a total of 45 minutes. Stir the granola at least once more as it bakes and watch it carefully during the final minutes, as it can burn quickly. The granola should be crunchy and dry at this point.
- Take granola out of the oven. To the warm granola add the remaining 1 tsp cardamom, raisins, roasted pistachios and cashews and mix into the warm granola.
- Let the granola cool completely before transferring to an airtight container.