This is the perfect granola to have as a quick afternoon snack with a cup of coffee and it’s the easiest to make with simple ingredients you already have in your pantry.
About the recipe
I got this recipe when I was watching my favorite Food Network show Barefoot Contessa with Ina Garten. She was making brunch dishes and this hazelnut granola was one of the items featured.
All it had was nuts, honey, oats and oil. That’s it.
When was the last time you saw a granola recipe that had so few ingredients and was so easy to make that all you do is combine and bake? I had to make this granola right away.
I did make a couple of modifications to give it some extra flavor. I added cardamom and extra honey, and also added almonds for extra nutty goodness.
Roasted Hazelnut Granola:
From Barefoot Contessa Food Network Show
with a few of my own modifications
- 1 cup roasted hazelnuts, roughly chopped
- 1 cup roasted cashews, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced or slivered almonds
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 1 tsp powdered cardamom
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl toss together hazelnuts, cashews, oatmeal, almonds, and cardamom powder.
- Add honey and oil and mix together until they are completely combined.
- Pour onto a sheet pan and bake for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally with a metal spatula until the mixture turns an even golden brown.
- Remove granola from oven and scrape the pan with a spatula to loosen the granola.
- Allow granola to coo completely. Serve with yogurt and fruit.
2 thoughts on “Roasted Hazelnuts & Cashew Granola”
Yummy! Will definitely try this.
It’s a little different, but by the time we add it to berries and yogurt and a little extra honey, it tastes great.