Sweet, spicy, flavorful and very easy to make this curry is. When I made this sweet pepper curry I had received loads of garden fresh peppers from my neighbor in all shapes, sizes and varieties. I kept racking my brain trying to figure out what I could make that would use up all these peppers in one main dish. This pepper and paneer curry was the result. We had it with chapatis but one could have it with naan, tortillas, stuff it in a burrito, or serve it as a side dish. Give it a try!
Pepper Paneer Curry
- About 10 cups of peppers any variety cut into long strips. From about 6-8 large bell peppers or a combination of different types of peppers.
- 1 large onion thinly sliced
- 2 tomatoes finely cut
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 tsp coriander powder
- 2 tsp cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp asafetida powder (optional)
- 1/2 tsp chili powder (optional)
- Fresh cilantro for garnish
- Toss together all the peppers and onions with 3 tbsp oil. Spread on two baking sheets and roast in a 400-degree oven for 30 minutes until the peppers become caramelized and tender. Take out of oven and set aside.
- In the meantime cut the paneer into thin strips and pan sauté with a little oil until golden. Combine the paneer with the roasted peppers.
- Get ready to make the curry. In a large pot heat 1 tbsp oil and toast cumin seeds until lightly brown and aroma is released about 5 seconds. Add the tomatoes and cook in the oil for a couple of minutes until they become tender. Add all the spices and mix in.
- Next add the roasted peppers, paneer, and salt to taste. Mix everything together, cover and cook for 5 minutes to allow the spices to absorb into the paneer and veggies. After 5 minutes curry is ready.
- Serve pepper paneer curry with garnish of fresh cilantro.
10 thoughts on “Pepper Paneer Curry”
Looks delicious! will try.
Please let me know how your family likes it.
Yes ! my favorite Curry – Peppers with Paneer … Peppers are low in Calories as well as in Glycemic index and the Protein in the Paneer compensates for the Vegetable Carbs in this recipe … Ty Dolly
One of our family’s favorite dish.
Lovely and tasty too…I bet.
This dish is one of my favorite, I especially love the roastd peppers.
This sounds so good! If I ever find myself with an abundance of peppers, I will definitely make this dish! I can almost taste it…😋
I’m positive you will love it! And its easy to make too 😊