With Father’s Day upon us this Sunday I thought I would share one of my most popular ice cream recipes that I posted around this same time last year. The ice cream flavor is a dark chocolate brandy cardamom ice cream and folks absolutely loved it. Brandy and dark chocolate are so good together and cardamom just takes it to the next level, and our guy (Father of three) absolutely went gaga over it! Naturally, this ice cream is not meant for kids, however of you are looking for an adult ice cream that takes care of after dinner drinks and dessert all in one – then this decadent dark chocolate and cardamom brandy ice cream is the one.
The cool part of this recipe is that it really is an easy ice cream to make. Just combine dark chocolate, cardamom, brandy, cream and honey – then pour the mixture into the ice cream maker and what you get is a delicious ice cream spiked with a touch of brandy.
What plans do you have for your guy on Father’s Day? Our guy is a foodie and mostly just enjoys relaxing. So our plan is a gourmet meal for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Here is the recipe for this decadent dark chocolate cardamom, brandy, honey ice cream. Give it a try!
Dark Chocolate Cardamom Brandy Ice cream
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup (8 oz) dark chocolate chunks
- 2 tsp cardamom powder
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2-4 tbsp brandy. Hitesh liked the strong flavor of brandy in this ice cream; I found I could go a little lighter. So start with 1-2 tbsp of brandy, taste test and adjust the alcohol according to your liking.
- Over a water bath melt chocolate with cream and honey until you get a creamy and well-blended mixture.
- Next add cardamom, vanilla and brandy and stir-in.
- Let the cream mixture cool to room temperature then pour into ice cream maker.
- Once ice cream is thickened transfer to a container and freeze to serve later.
- Serve dark chocolate brandy cardamom ice cream with biscotti or a chocolate chip cookie, or for a little bit of color add a few sprinkles of edible marigold petals.