This soup is super easy to make. You don’t need many ingredients, and you can adjust the recipe according to your taste. Basically it’s hard to mess this up.
Easy Creamy Broccoli Soup
- 1 1/2 lbs broccoli florets
- 4 – 6 cloves of crushed garlic
- 1 carton of vegetable broth
- 1 tbsp of Herbs de Provence or any herbs you like – thyme, rosemary, sage. Whatever you prefer
- 1-cup whole milk or 1/4 cup heavy cream (optional)
- Salt and pepper
- Olive oil
- Parmesan cheese for garnish
- In a large pot sauté the garlic in 3 tbsp of olive oil. Add the broccoli florets, salt and pepper, Herbs de Provence, and 2 cups of water. Cook the broccoli until tender, about 15 minutes. Add more water if needed to keep the broccoli moist.
- Add the carton of vegetable broth and cook for additional 10 minutes.
- At this point the soup is done. You can have it like this if you like.
- If you want a creamy soup: Use a hand blender to puree the soup, but I find it doesn’t puree as fine as the blender. I puree the soup in a blender into a creamy mixture.
- Bring it back to the stove. Add the milk or cream and stir on low heat if using. Soup is ready.
- Serve soup with more fresh ground pepper and Parmesan cheese for garnish.