Hitesh really likes to pick up these multi-colored cauliflowers from the local farmer’s market. They come in purple, orange, and yellow. I wasn’t sure how these cauliflowers would taste, would they taste the same as the white cauliflower? How do I cook it? What is the flavor?
I figured the best way to cook these cauliflower heads was to roast them with salt and pepper so we can enjoy the simple flavors of these interesting vegetables. The colored cauliflower florets are more firm than white cauliflower, but other than that, they taste the same.
This makes a perfect side dish, or even just to have as a first course appetizer. You can dip the roasted florets in hummus or a sour cream dip, or just eat them as is.
Tri-Colored Roasted Cauliflower with Balsamic Glaze:
- 1 small head of yellow cauliflower
- 1 small head of purple cauliflower
- 1 small head of white cauliflower
- 4 cloves of garlic crushed
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Balsamic glaze or balsamic vinegar
- Pre-heat oven to 400F degrees.
- Cut the cauliflower into medium sized florets.
- Place them in a mixing bowl with the crushed garlic and toss with olive oil.
- On a baking sheet sprinkle olive oil and spread evenly.
- Add the cauliflower mixture and place in oven.
- Cook for 30 minutes total, tossing around at the 15-minute mark.
- Take out of oven and serve warm or at room temperature with a drizzle of balsamic glaze or eat just as is.
2 thoughts on “Tri-Colored Roasted Cauliflower with Balsamic Glaze”
Another of your delicious, easy and colorful recipes! I love these recipes. Will try it soon.
Looks enticing enough, will try it