I’ve wanted to make this carrot cake ever since I saw the recipe on a blog I follow called the dutch baker thedutchbaker. She raved about her carrot cupcake recipe describing it as “Super moist without being overly soggy or mushy with a nice fluffy texture to the cake.” Since I was making this carrot cake for a Christmas dinner gathering with my cousins I decided to make the cake in the shape of a wreath so I could have some fun decorating it.
Here is the link for this awesome recipe My favorite carrot Cake cupcakes from the dutch baker blog. Below is a list of ingredients with a couple of additions. As I was making a larger cake I added extra flour, fresh ginger, and golden raisins.
My favorite carrot Cake cupcake from the dutchbaker
with a few modifications
- 2 cups (190gms) all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 tablespoon finely grated fresh ginger
- 1/4 heaping teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (100gms) white sugar
- 1/4 cup (50gms) soft dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (125mls) oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup (60gms) unsweetened applesauce or crushed pineapple
- 1 1/2 cups (225gms) finely shredded carrots – note: my carrots released a lot of water when finely shredded, I squeezed the juice out of the shredded carrots before adding them to the flour.
- 1/4 cup raisins
Cream cheese frosting
- 6 tablespoons (65gms) butter
- 1/2 cup (4oz) brick style cream cheese
- 1 1/2 cups (190gms) icing sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 – 2 tablespoons sour cream/whipping cream, if needed
- Pinch of salt, optional
For complete instructions on how to make this delectable carrot cake take a look at this link My favorite carrot Cake cupcakes. Below are some pics of how my Christmas carrot cake turned out.
Time to decorate!
I started with adding the cream cheese frosting and then sprinkled chopped roasted pistachios and colored sugar crystals.
Can’t forget my garden embellishments🌺🌿
I used red ivy geranium and variegated scented geranium leaves for natural cake decoration.
Kids and adults loved the cake!
Try this outstanding carrot cake recipe whether in a cupcake form or a cake form, it’s one delicious cake! 😋🍰 My favorite carrot Cake cupcakes from thedutchbaker
Merry Christmas to You and Yours!