The inspiration for a lemon zucchini soup was my abundance of lemons. Loads of lemons in baskets were forcing me to get creative with using them in my cooking. Since it was a Sunday and I always make soup for dinner on Sunday I made sure my soup whichever soup I made had lemons. This zucchini lemon soup is what I conjured up. It’s light and delicious with fresh lemon flavor and lots of vegetables. The entire family devoured this zucchini soup, I mean having two bowls each and cleaned the pot out completely, not leaving anything behind. They loved this soup 😋. I hope you will too.
Zucchini Lemon Soup
- 6 zucchinis finely chopped
- 1 red bell pepper finely cut
- 1 carrot finely cut into small pieces
- 6 garlic cloves crushed
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 1 tsp dill or any herbs of your choice like thyme or oregano
- 5 cups vegetable broth
- Olive oil
- 2-4 tbsp goat cheese or Greek yogurt (optional)
- Add cooked barley for a more substantial soup (optional)
- In a large pot heat 2 tbsp olive oil. Add garlic and sauté until tender. Add all the vegetables, herbs, salt and pepper. Add 1 cup of water, cover and cook vegetables until tender about 10 minutes.
- After the vegetables are cooked add broth and heat through. Turn the stove off. Lightly blend with an immersion blender.
- Place the soup back on the stove. Add lemon juice and goat cheese and mix-in until fully incorporated and heat through. Soup is ready.
- Serve soup with garnish of herbs.
Wish you a wonderful Sunday Soup Day.