Fresh tasting ginger, lemon and tender zucchini makes this a light soup perfect for a low-key Sunday soup dinner.
I made this soup with over 5 zucchinis to add in as much vegetables as I could for a large pot of soup, yet this was all gone. With no leftovers for my next day’s lunch. This zucchini soup is one that everyone in the family loved with feedback like “This is awesome soup.” and “It’s delicious Mommy.” and “It’s really good.” How can I get better feedback than this?
Generous amount of ginger and garlic give the soup that flavor punch, while coconut milk and a couple of small potatoes add that creamy texture. Then add fresh-squeezed lemon juice and fresh cilantro and you get a zucchini soup that tastes positively delicious.
Zucchini Ginger Soup
- 4 -5 zucchinis cut into small cubes
- 2 small – medium Yukon gold potatoes cut into small cubes
- 3 inch piece of ginger grated
- 3-4 garlic cloves minced
- 2 tbsp oil
- 5-6 sprigs of fresh cilantro finely cut
- Salt and pepper
- 1 15oz can coconut milk
- Juice of 1 lemon
- In a large pot heat 2 tbsp oil. Add garlic and ginger and fry in oil for a 3-5 seconds. Add the zucchini and potatoes, salt, pepper and 6-7 cups water. Bring to a boil and cook covered until vegetables are tender.
- Next add all the coconut milk and heath through. If the soup looks too thick, add more broth or water to thin the soup to your liking.
- Turn the stove off. Add juice of 1 lemon and fresh cilantro and mix-in. Soup is ready.
- Serve soup with garnish of cilantro.