The family loved loved this zucchini soup when I made it with flavorful spices, peppers and potatoes. Rani even requested a few times that I make this soup again. I told her I’ll make it as many times as she wants when we receive our giant zucchini from Karen Aunty’s veggie garden 😃.
Curried Zucchini Soup with Capsicum & Potato
- 3-4 zucchini cut into small cubes
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 2 capsicums – green bell peppers or red/yellow/orange bell peppers finely cut
- 2 medium potatoes peeled and cut into small pieces
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- Salt and pepper
- Cilantro for garnish
- 1 carton vegetable broth (about 5 cups broth or water)
- ½ cup milk (optional) or 1/2 coconut milk (optional)
- In a large pot heat 2 tbsp oil. Sauté onions until translucent 3-5 minutes. Add the spices and mix into the onions. Next add all the vegetables, salt, pepper and 2 cups broth. Stir and cook covered until vegetables are tender about 10 minutes.
- Add the remainder of the broth and heath through. Turn the stove off and blend soup with a hand blender. Place the pot back on the stove and add milk or coconut milk if using and heat soup until bubbling.
- Add cilantro and stir in. Soup is ready.
- Serve soup with extra garnish of cilantro.
4 thoughts on “Curried Zucchini Soup with Capsicum & Potato”
Looks very delicious. Will try it soon.
I think you will like it Basanthi.
Ohh this looks delicious! thanks for sharing! xx
You are welcome. I hope you like it!