Swiss Chard and Paneer Curry
- 3 bunches of Swiss chard – about 6-8 cups finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves finely crushed
- 1 tbsp ginger paste or shredded fresh ginger
- 1 block paneer or tofu cut into small chunks
- 1 green chili – seeds removed and cut length wise
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp chili powder or paprika
- Cilantro for garnish
- Juice of 1 lemon
- In a pan heat 1 tbsp oil and slightly brown paneer or tofu. Set aside.
- In a large pot heat 2 tbsp oil. Add cumin seeds and toast until slightly brown and cumin aroma is released – about 2-3 seconds. Add garlic, all the spices and the green chili and toast in oil for a couple of seconds. Add the Swiss chard, paneer, salt and 1/2 to 1 cup water.
- Cover pot and cook until Swiss chard is tender – about 10 minutes.
- Turn the stove off. Add lemon juice and stir in.
- Garnish with cilantro and serve Swiss chard curry with chapati or serve as a side dish. This will also make a great stuffing for burritos.