In celebration of Cinco de Mayo here is a simple and delicious recipe for soft tacos with roasted cauliflower, leeks and peppers with a few Mexican spices.
Easy tacos with phenomenal flavor
These are easy tacos to make with the added goodness of veggies and packed with flavor. First roast the cauliflower. While it’s roasting saute the leeks and peppers in a little olive oil. Toss in the roasted cauliflower along with spices. The veggies are ready. Then all you do is make a creamy sauce to spread on the tacos. I used Greek yogurt, but you can also use sour cream. This spread is just chives, salt and pepper – and it’s super delicious! Then the fun part of assembling the tacos. Enjoy!
Happy Cinco De Mayo!
Soft Tacos with Roasted Cauliflower, Leeks & Peppers
- Head of 1 cauliflower cut into small florets or a combination of cauliflower and broccoli
- 4-6 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 2 leeks cut thinly
- 1 bell pepper or 10 shishito peppers finely chopped
- Soft tacos – 10-12
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 3 tbsp chives
- 1 cup crumbled Queso Fresca Mexican cheese or 1/2 cup goat cheese
- 2 tbsp taco seasoning
- Salt and pepper
- Salsa or taco hot sauce (optional)
- Roast the cauliflower: Toss cauliflower florets with 6 cloves garlic, salt and 2 tbsp oil. Spread on a baking sheet and roast in a 375-degree oven for 30 minutes until veggies are charred and tender, tossing at the halfway mark. Take out of oven and sprinkle 2 tbsp taco seasoning and toss. Set aside.
- Sauté the leeks and peppers: In a pan sauté leeks and peppers with 2 tbsp oil until slightly charred. Add the roasted cauliflower, salt, and mix-into the leeks. Veggies are ready for soft tacos.
- Make the Greek yogurt dip: Mix together Greek yogurt and chives with salt and pepper.
- Assemble the soft tacos: Spread yogurt dip on one soft taco. Top with roasted cauliflower leek and pepper mix. Garnish with goat cheese or queso fresca.
- Top with salsa. Soft tacos are ready!