In celebration of Cinco de Mayo here is a simple and delicious recipe for soft tacos with roasted cauliflower, leeks and peppers with a few Mexican spices. Since we are celebrating Mexican culture, I would like to take this opportunity to share these photos I took of beautiful Mexican tiles at gorgeous Spanish Mission style buildings in and around California.
Happy Cinco De Mayo!
Soft Tacos with Roasted Cauliflower, Leeks & Peppers
- Head of 1 cauliflower cut into small florets or a combination of cauliflower and broccoli
- 4-6 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 2 leeks cut thinly
- 1 bell pepper or 10 shishito peppers finely chopped
- Soft tacos – 10-12
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 3 tbsp chives
- 1 cup crumbled Queso Fresca Mexican cheese or 1/2 cup goat cheese
- 2 tbsp taco seasoning
- Salt and pepper
- Salsa or taco hot sauce (optional)
- Roast the cauliflower: Toss cauliflower florets with 6 cloves garlic, salt and 2 tbsp oil. Spread on a baking sheet and roast in a 375-degree oven for 30 minutes until veggies are charred and tender, tossing at the halfway mark. Take out of oven and sprinkle 2 tbsp taco seasoning and toss. Set aside.
- Sauté the leeks and peppers: In a pan sauté leeks and peppers with 2 tbsp oil until slightly charred. Add the roasted cauliflower, salt, and mix-into the leeks. Veggies are ready for soft tacos.
- Make the Greek yogurt dip: Mix together Greek yogurt and chives with salt and pepper.
- Assemble the soft tacos: Spread yogurt dip on one soft taco. Top with roasted cauliflower leek and pepper mix. Garnish with goat cheese or queso fresca.
- Top with salsa. Soft tacos are ready!