Mushrooms & Feta Cheese Egg White Frittata
makes 4 servings
- 6-8 egg whites
- 1 shallot finely chopped
- 2-3 cups mushrooms finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp finely chopped chives
- Feta cheese – about 4 tbsp
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Whisk egg whites. Add chives, salt and pepper, feta cheese and whisk together.
- Melt 2 tbsp butter in an oven-proof pan. Lightly fry shallots until translucent. Add mushrooms and sauté until the moisture is evaporated.
- Pour the egg mixture over the mushrooms. Add a little more butter around the edges of the eggs and lightly sprinkle with more cheese. Place in oven and bake for 20 minutes until eggs are fluffy and cooked through.
- Serve frittata with a side of baby spinach salad tossed in a simple vinaigrette .