Not too sweet, with the lovely fragrance of sherry, this is a wonderful cake that is the easiest to make. This sherry cake recipe is my friend Swati’s favorite. She has been raving about it and baking this cake for years. It is one of those cakes that is almost always on her dessert menu when we get together for dinner at her place.
Store bought cake mix is what makes this cake a breeze to make, while the addition of sherry turns it into a special occasion dessert. Bake it in a bundt pan and add a flower or two as decoration and you have a deliciously gourmet looking cake ready for any special occasion.
Here is a quick and easy recipe for a scrumptious sherry cake made with store bought cake mix.
recipe courtesy of Swati
- 1 package Duncan Hines yellow cake mix
- 1 small package instant vanilla pudding mix
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup sherry
- 1/2 cup oil such as canola oil. Do not use olive oil.
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease and lightly flour bundt cake pan.
- Mix all ingredients together with an electric mixer for 2 minutes. Scrape the bowl and continue mixing for additional 2 minutes.
- Pour batter into cake pan and bake for 50 minutes or until a tooth pick inserted in the cake comes out clean. Let cake cool for 30 minutes before taking it out of the cake pan.
- Dust with powdered sugar and serve.
Happy Cake Baking!🍰