During our recent visit to Paris this summer, my daughter Sri and I had lunch and dinner at many of the cafes and restaurants we stumbled upon as we explored the city. One of the restaurants was Angelina on Rue de Rivoli. We liked Angelina so much that we stopped by more than once to try not just their desserts but their lunch as well. Angelina is a local favorite and has been in business since 1903. They are famous for their pastries, tea, and lunch service. At Angelina’s is where we tried their vegetarian club sandwich and absolutely loved it.
The vegetarian club sandwich at Angelina was HUGE and packed with good for you veggies, a hard-boiled egg, feta cheese spread and avocado all stuffed in 3 whole grain bread slices. It was big and delicious! We loved this sandwich so much we went to Angelina’s three times just to have their vegetarian club sandwich.
After we returned home to California all I could think of was Angelina’s veggie sandwich and how I could replicate it at home. It’s actually quiet easy if you have the right vegetables at hand. I stopped by our Sunday farmer’s market last weekend and picked up all the ingredients needed for this Parisian inspired sandwich and made it one afternoon for the kids and myself. The sandwich was as good as Angelina’s! So here it is folks, the recipe for a hearty, filling, and delicious club sandwich Paris style. Give it a try!
A Parisian Inspired Vegetarian Club Sandwich
- Artisanal style whole grain farm bread – 2 slices
- 1 hard boiled egg cut into slices
- 1 pink radish thinly sliced
- Onion thinly sliced
- Tomato thinly sliced
- Cucumber thinly sliced
- Avocado – use half thinly cut
- Feta cheese
- Mayo or if you like try it with any cream cheese spread
- Salt and pepper
- Pickles if you like
- Spread the cream cheese or mayonnaise on 2 slices of bread. Crumble a bit of feta cheese if using.
- Layer with lettuce first, then radish, onions, tomato, cucumber, avocado, and lastly hard-boiled egg. Placing the egg last prevents the tomato from making the bread soggy. Sprinkle salt and pepper. Top with second slice of bread. Cut sandwich in half. Ready to eat!
These are big sandwiches, just have to figure out how to stuff your mouth like my daughter Rani did 😃😋 😀.
Give this Parisian style vegetarian club sandwich a try with farm fresh veggies this summer.