Peach and Arugula Caprese Salad
- 4 ripe peaches thinly sliced
- 4 cups arugula leaves
- Fresh mozzarella slices – about 10-12 slices
- 4 tbsp finely cut shallot
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- Balsamic vinegar
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Fresh basil leaves – 4-6 julienned
- Combine the shallot and garlic with 1/2 tsp salt and set aside. This mellows out the strong onion and garlic flavors.
- Evenly spread the arugula leaves on a platter.
- Place the fresh mozzarella slices over the arugula.
- Next, place the peach slices over the mozzarella. Sprinkle the onion garlic mixture over the peaches and drizzle balsamic vinegar and olive oil. Sprinkle salt and pepper.
- Top with fresh basil leaves and serve immediately.