This black bean salad with white balsamic vinaigrette tastes fresh, flavorful and filling. Vegetables like yellow squash and celery, and black beans all add substance to the salad while the arugula and green onions lighten it up. Tossing veggies like squash with a sweet white balsamic vinaigrette really enhances the flavor of squash that to me tasted like raw mangoes after it was marinated in the dressing. Give it a try.
Black Bean Salad with Yellow Squash, Celery & Arugula
- 1 can black beans rinsed and drained
- 1 yellow squash cut into cubes
- 2 celery ribs cut into small chunks
- 2-3 green onion stalks cut finely
- 1 bag of arugula – about 4-6 cups
- For Dressing:
- 4 tbsp white balsamic vinegar
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1 clove garlic finely minced
- Make white balsamic dressing and set aside.
- In a large bowl toss together black beans, squash and celery with dressing. Sprinkle the green onions on top and cover with plastic wrap. Place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes or longer. This will give the yellow squash and celery a chance to marinate in the sweet dressing.
- When ready to serve salad add arugula leaves to the squash and celery along with the dressing it is in. Serve right away.
- Top with feta cheese for extra tang before serving (optional).