“Can you guess what vegetables are roasted in this dish?” That was the question presented to the kids by Oliver when we went over to Jo and Oliver’s place for dinner a while back. It’s not fair to ask that question of you as you had to smell the aroma of these roasted veggies to guess. Absolutely delicious these veggies were!
Here is the answer: Parsnips, routabague, carrots, celery root, radish, potatoes, onions and leeks 😋. Super delicious, fragrant and healthy!
Roasted vegetables are ALWAYS a big hit at our home. In fact, I usually have to double or triple the recipe as all of us if there was enough will have roasted vegetables as our main meal. So for our Thanksgiving dinner I went back into my email archives to find the one that Oliver sent me with the recipe for his outstanding roasted veggies, and here it is Roasted root vegetables with rosemary on epicurious.com. This recipe couldn’t be any easier for the most delicious roasted veggies ever! And you know what makes this the best roasted veggies? Ten cloves of garlic are in this dish! You can’t go wrong with garlic in anything!
When we made our roasted root vegetables for Thanksgiving dinner this year we wanted to have a salad of sorts so we decided to serve our roasted veggies on a bed of arugula greens tossed in a mustard vinaigrette. The mustardy arugula salad along with roasted root veggies turned out to be a fabulous combination 😋👌! Give this recipe a try!
Roasted Root Vegetables
Roasted root vegetables with rosemary on epicurious.com
- Nonstick vegetable oil spray
- 1 pound red-skinned potatoes, unpeeled, scrubbed, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 pound celery root (celeriac), peeled, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 pound rutabagas, peeled, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 pound carrots, peeled, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 pound parsnips, peeled, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 onions, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 leeks (white and pale green parts only), cut into 1-inch-thick rounds
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 10 garlic cloves, peeled
- Cut vegetables, place in a bowl and toss with olive oil.
Place in 2 baking sheet pans and roast in a 400 degree over for 30 minutes. Add garlic cloves and continue roasting for additional 30-45 minutes.
- Once the veggies are roasted and tender remove from oven. Serve on a pretty platter at your next dinner!
- Or serve on a bed of arugula greens tossed in a mustard vinaigrette.!
For detailed instructions for the most delectable roasted root veggies, give this recipe a try! Roasted root vegetables with rosemary on epicurious.com