Looking for an outstanding side dish with minimal effort? Look no more. These roasted cauliflower and onions are positively delicious and require just three steps – cut, toss and roast. Season with herbs if you like, but the veggies are so flavorful on their own that I just added some fresh herbs as garnish. Serve them as a side dish, toss them in with eggs, add them to a green salad, or how about making soup? Any which way you have these veggies they are going to taste amazing. For Sunday Soups coming up I’ll share the recipe for a delicious soup using these roasted cauliflower and onion combo. In the meantime give this delectable side dish a try!
Roasted Red Onion Cauliflower
- 1 large cauliflower cut into florets. About 10 cups of florets
- 1 large red onion or 2 medium sized red onions cut into rings
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Herbs of your choice – I used 1 tbsp of fresh thyme. You can use finely minced oregano, rosemary, and sage
- Toss cauliflower and onions with 4 tbsp olive oil. Spread on a baking sheet and roast in a 375-degree oven for 20 minutes. Stir the vegetables and continue baking for an additional 20 minutes until the vegetables are roasted and slightly browned.
- Take out of oven and sprinkle with salt and pepper, add the herbs and toss together. Roasted cauliflower and onions are ready.
- Serve with extra garnish of herbs and a sprinkling of crumbled feta cheese or Parmesan if you like.
4 thoughts on “Roasted Red Onion Cauliflower”
Love roasted cauliflower! Always made it on stove top. Will try this recipe.
This way is easier and tastes wonderful too.
I love roasted veggies!
I know! Me too! I could eat them every day!!