Apples, blueberries and scallions tossed with greens and a lemon honey mustard vinaigrette; simple, refreshing and delicious this salad is. I really like how delicious apples and blueberries taste with a lemony vinaigrette which adds a nice burst of citrus freshness. This really is a wonderful salad to have with a veggie omelet or a sandwich.
I whipped up this light salad for a casual brunch I had with my friend Rose one morning. I kept our brunch very easy by making a veggie omelet after she arrived and served it with a side of this apple and blueberries lemony greens salad. Give it a try!
Apple and Blueberries Lemony Greens Salad
- 1 sweet crunchy apple cut into thin slices
- 1 cup blueberries
- 4 cups salad greens
- 1 small scallion, green onion or red onion cut into small slices – as much as you want. About 2-3 tbsp
- 1 lemon
- Lemon honey vinaigrette
- Place the onions in a salad bowl. Place the apple slices on top and lightly squeeze some lemon juice on top of the apples. Use the same lemon to make the lemon honey vinaigrette.
- Top the apples with salad greens and blueberries. Cover with plastic wrap and place in refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Right before serving salad, toss with lemon honey mustard vinaigrette.