A light and delicious soup made with lots of springtime peas and spinach, and lightly spiced which can also be had over white rice.
About the recipe
This has to be quickest soup/curry one can make. Spinach and peas cook so fast and if you want to go the easy route using frozen spinach and peas makes this dish an even quicker dish to make.
Just fry up garlic and ginger, add in the spices, vegetables and protein of you choice (I used tofu) and cook everything for a few minutes. Then add a touch of cream and serve the dish as a soup or with a steaming bowl of white rice. Quick, easy, delicious and positively healthy this dish is. Give it a try!
Spinach and Peas in Creamy Curried Broth
- 1 lb baby spinach finely chopped. Frozen spinach can also be used.
- 1/2 lb fresh or frozen peas
- 4-6 garlic cloves crushed
- 1 tbsp grated fresh ginger
- 1 block paneer cut into small cubes (you can use tofu instead or chicken)
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tbsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- Few sprigs of cilantro finely chopped for garnish
- 1/2 cup cream
- In a large pot heat 2 tbsp oil. Add cumin seeds and let the aroma release, for a few seconds. Add chopped garlic and ginger and cook for about 5-7 seconds. Next add all the spices, paneer, frozen peas, spinach and salt. Add 2-3cups water and cook covered until peas are tender about 10 minutes.
- Next add cream and mix in. Turn the stove off. Add chopped cilantro or basil for garnish.
- Serve spinach and pea curry over white rice or quinoa.