My eldest daughter Sri made this creamy pasta for Mother’s Day that turned out really good. With loads of kale, leeks, green onions and cherry tomatoes, and a little cream this tastes like a creamy pasta primavera type of dish. There is nothing fancy in this dish except for good for you greens, veggies, and a touch of cream. Add garlic and black pepper for some spice, Parmesan or goat cheese for some tang, and the end result is a simple pasta that tastes positively gourmet. Give it a try!
Just add Cream. Kale and Leek Pasta with Green Onions and Cherry Tomatoes
recipe shared by Sridevi
- 1 lb fettuccini pasta
- 1 bunch of kale – about 4- 6 cups leaves and stalks finely cut
- 2 leeks light green and white parts finely cut – about 2 cups
- 1 to 2 green onions – about 1 cup
- 4-5 garlic cloves finely minced
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes cut in halves – about 2 cups
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese
- In a large pot heat 3 tbsp olive oil. Add the garlic and leeks and cook until the leeks are tender. Next add the cut kale and sauté until the kale is cooked about 5 minutes.
- Add the green onions and cherry tomatoes, salt and pepper to taste, and oregano and cook everything until the tomatoes are slightly tender. Turn the stove off and set aside.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Before draining the pasta, reserve 2 cups of pasta water.
- Add the cooked fettuccini to the kale mixture. Place the pot back on the stove and on medium heat add cream and toss everything together to fully incorporate all the veggies and pasta together. If the pasta gets too thick add 1-cup pasta water or more if needed to make a creamy pasta. Next sprinkle Parmesan cheese and gently mix into the pasta. Taste and adjust for salt. Creamy kale pasta is ready.
- Serve warm with black pepper, chili flakes and extra Parmesan cheese.