Do you sometimes cut a mango that wasn’t as ripe or sweet as you wanted? Turn that mango into a savory salad that is beautiful to look at and delicious. This basic recipe is quick and easy to make with simple ingredients. Add lettuce, spinach, or arugula and you can turn it into a leafy green salad with the added pizzaz of lush mangoes.
Mango Salad with Cilantro and Red Onions:
- 1 – 2 semi ripe or ripe mangoes
- 1/4 red onion finely chopped
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 4 sprigs of cilantro finely chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Cut mango into cubes and place in bowl. Add chopped onions, chopped cilantro, salt and pepper.
- Drizzle with olive oil and lemon juice.
- Mix together and serve over greens or serve as is.