Loaded with juicy fruit and a crunchy soft oat and nut mixture, this is a delicious summer dessert made with delicious stone fruit.
About the recipe
August has been overflowing with homegrown stone fruits in our area. A never-ending supply of peaches, plums, apricots, and nectarines have been arriving at our home from friends gardens and even my kid’s friend’s gardens.
I love homegrown fruits, but we aren’t eating them fast enough and some of them are getting too ripe too fast. In an attempt to use up a large quantity of over-ripe fruit I whipped up this fruit crumble for an indulgent weeknight dessert.
Jammy fruit crumble
I used a combination of plums, peaches and nectarines as these were the fruit I had handy that were getting too soft and ripe. Look at that color on these fruit – oh my! That gorgeous burgundy pumpkiny color from all the fruit was positively decadent!
The fruit gets so soft and jammy in this dessert that it tastes like having a jam crumble, and its delicious!
A quick and easy summer dessert
For an easy and delicious summertime dessert made with juicy stone fruit give this oat and nut crumble a try! Just cut up a bunch of fruit and toss them in sugar and a little liqueur.
Then in another bowl make the crumble mixture – toss together oats, oats, almond flour, chopped nuts, brown sugar and butter until a crumbly dough is formed.
Place the dough on top of the fruit and bake until golden and bubbly. That’s it!
Serve with vanilla ice cream!
Peach, Plum and Nectarine Oat and Nut Crumble
- 3 cups cut peaches and nectarines
- 3 cups cut plums
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp any fruit liqueur (optional)
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 cup almond flour or almond meal
- 1 cup chopped almonds or chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- 6 tbsp butter
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a bowl mix together all the fruit, 1/2 cup sugar and liqueur. Set aside.
- In a food processor or you can mix the ingredients by hand – combine together all the oats, almond flour, chopped nuts, brown sugar and butter until a crumbly dough is formed.
- Butter a baking dish and pour the fruit mixture into the pan. Top fruit with oat and nut mixture.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 50 minutes. After 50 minutes remove the foil and continue baking for an additional 5 minutes to brown the topping.
- Take out of the oven and dust with powdered sugar.
- Serve warm with vanilla ice cream.
Poem by Pegasus52 on allpoetry.com
I love all fruits that have a stone,
in warmer climates they are grown.
They’re full of vitamins it’s shown,
this is well known, this is well known.
Sweet juices dripping with each bite,
peach, nectarine, yellow or white,
plump apricots and plums invite;
summer delight, summer delight!
9 thoughts on “Peach, Plum and Nectarine Oat and Nut Crumble”
I love all the other crumbles recipes you have posted. I will try this one too.
Thanks Basanthi, you will love this one too!
I would love to have all this fresh fruit! The crumble looks perfect. 🙂
Thank you! Let me know how you like it!
This looks delicious, although I would eat it with hot custard.
Oooh, having this with hot custard sounds divine!
That does indeed look like a decadent, delicious desert !!
Thank you! I like it that its made with almond flour instead of all purpose flour as the almond meal adds an additional flavor dimension. I hope you like it too!!
I love almond flour. It’s different.