Looking to make a quick batch of cup cakes loaded with good for you blueberries? This recipe makes the most light and fluffy blueberry cup cakes ever!
A little background
I picked up this recipe from my friend Nishma who asked me to stop by for a quick cup of tea and a light breakfast after my morning gym workout one day. These delicious blueberry muffins were on her menu.
Light and fluffy and sweetened to perfection, these muffins tasted so good with a cup of tea in the morning, that I must admit I did feel a little guilty having it after my workout. But Nishma informed me that it was light on the sugar and made with almond flour. Somehow hearing this made me enjoy the muffin even more. I got the recipe and made a batch at home and they turned out as fluffy and delicious as I remembered.
For the puffiest, quick, and easy muffins made with ingredients that everyone has in their pantry, here is a recipe for light and fluffy blueberry muffins courtesy of my friend Nishma.
Light and Fluffy Blueberry Muffins
makes 12 large and puffy muffins
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 stick butter softened
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine allpurpose flour, almond flour, salt and baking powder in a bowl and set aside.
- Mix together butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, vanilla and milk and incorporate into the batter.
- Next add the flour mixture and stir until well combined. Fold in blueberries.
- The batter will be thick. Use an ice cream scooper to divide batter among 15 muffin cups.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center of a cupcake comes out clean. Let cool for 20 minutes before removing from pan.
- Dust with powdered sugar because all sweets look better with a dusting of powdered sugar 😊.
- Have these blueberry muffins with a warm cup of tea or coffee ☕️.