There is something truly comforting about a warm bowl of rice. Creamy Arborio rice all cooked with herbs and vegetables, risotto can easily transport one into a Zen-food state of mind. That’s how I felt when I had this risotto on a chilly December evening. Flavored with leeks and artichokes this risotto is the easiest to make.
I love using leeks in risotto, they get all nice and creamy and compliment the creamy Arborio rice so perfectly. This vegetarian risotto made with a combination of artichokes, leeks, and bell peppers transforms a simple risotto into a deliciously satisfying meal. Here’s the recipe.
Artichoke and Leek Risotto
makes 4 servings
- 1 cup Arborio rice
- 5-6 cups vegetable broth
- 2 leeks white and light green parts finely cut
- 4 cloves garlic finely minced
- 1 box of frozen artichoke hearts – about 1 1/2 cups
- 1 bell pepper finely cut
- Olive oil
- Salt and black pepper
- 1 tsp thyme
- 2 tbsp finely cut fresh parsley
- 2 green onion stalks finely cut
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese (optional)
- 4 tbsp creamy goat cheese (optional)
- Cook the Arborio rice in the Instapot or on the stovetop with 4 cups vegetable broth until cooked al dente. Set aside.
- In a large pot warm 2 tbsp olive oil and add leeks, peppers, artichokes, garlic, salt and pepper and cook until the veggies are tender about 5-7 minutes.
- Add the cooked Arborio rice, remainder of the 2 cups of broth, and thyme. Stir together and cook for a couple of minutes until the broth get incorporated into the rice. Add the fresh parsley and green onions and mix-in. Risotto is ready if you want to keep it vegan skip the cheese.
- To make a cheesy risotto add the goat cheese and Parmesan cheese and mix-in. Serve warm with garnish of parsley and Parmesan cheese.
5 thoughts on “Artichoke Leek Risotto”
Looks delicious! 💕
Thank you 😊
Your welcome! 💕
Oh wow what a unique and delicious spin on risotto! I’m always so inspired by your recipes. I hope you are having a beautiful holiday season, Kalpana! <3
Good to hear from you Mackenzie! I’m missing your eating adventures in the Bay Area!! Hope you are having a great holiday season! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you!! ❤️