A delicious risotto recipe here all made extra delicious with heirloom tomatoes. A hearty vegetarian risotto that’s a winner with this combo of veggies – tomatoes, cauliflower and zucchini.Read more: Heirloom Tomato, Cauliflower, Zucchini Risotto
Heirloom Tomato, Cauliflower Zucchini Risotto
- 1 cup risotto rice
- 5-6 cups vegetable broth
- 1 small head of cauliflower cut into small florets
- 2 heirloom tomatoes finely cut
- 1 zucchini cut into small chunks
- 1 onion finely cut
- 3-4 garlic cloves minced
- 2 tsp fresh thyme
- Salt and pepper
- Olive oil
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Chili flakes (optional)
- Cook risotto rice with 3 cups vegetable broth. I cook mine in the instapot on the rice setting.
- In a large pot warm 2 tbsp olive oil and sauté onion and garlic until onions are translucent.
- Add all the cauliflower, zucchini, tomato, salt, pepper and thyme and chili flakes if using. Cook until vegetables are tender about 10 minutes.
- Next add the cooked risotto rice and mix into the veggies. Continue cooking everything together with 2 cups more vegetable broth for about 2-3 minutes. Add the remainder 1 cup broth if needed to make a creamy risotto.
- To keep it vegan skip the cheese and serve right away.
- Next add the Parmesan cheese and mix into the rice. Risotto is ready! Serve with garnish of extra Parmesan cheese.
4 thoughts on “Heirloom Tomato, Cauliflower, Zucchini Risotto”
Looks delicious! 💕
Thank you 😊
Not too complicated, will try
Awesome Swati! I hope you like it!!