One of my all-time favorite pasta that my family loves is a roasted veggie pasta that I make very often. I keep the ratio of veggies to pasta very high as more veggies and less pasta equals more good for you veggies in every bite. With roasted veggies in a pasta dish, you pretty much don’t need anything else. Just a little garlic, red pepper flakes, salt and olive oil. That’s it. A wide variety of veggies get roasted for this pasta and release a lovely sweet caramelized flavor that gives the dish it’s wonderful taste.
This is a great way to use up a large quantity of veggies especially if you have a little of this and a little of that. Have a couple of carrots? Roast it in here. Have a pepper or two, a small broccoli bunch, or two zucchinis? Roast all these veggies for a delicious pasta that everyone will love!
Roasted Veggie Campanelle Pasta
makes a large quanitity serving size 6-8
- 2 zucchini cut into cubes or slices, about 4 cups
- 2 bell peppers – cut lengthwise
- 1 lb mushrooms cut in half
- 1 medium onion cut lengthwise
- 1-2 leek stalks white and light green parts cut into chunks
- 4 cups broccoli florets or
- 1 carrot sliced
- 1 lb penne pasta
- 6 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 tsp red chili flakes
- Olive Oil
- Cook’s notes: Other veggies that can be added are cauliflower, asparagus and fennel.
- Toss all the veggies together with 4 tbsp olive oil. Place veggies on 2 large baking sheets. Bake at 375 F for 30 minutes. Toss around and bake for additional 15 minutes. When all the veggies are roasted until tender remove from oven and set aside.
- In the meantime, cook pasta according to package directions.
- In a large pot heat 2 tbsp olive oil. Add red chili flakes and garlic and sauté until garlic is tender and flavor is released about 5 seconds. Add all the roasted veggies and salt to taste and toss together.
- Add cooked pasta and cook with the veggies for about 5 minutes on the stove.
- Roasted veggie pasta is ready!
- Serve pasta with garnish of Parmesan shavings.