Here is a salad that looks and tastes like a gourmet salad you might order at a fancy restaurant.
A nice juicy pear is delicious in this salad, and a good Gorgonzola cheese or bleu cheese really gives the entire salad a kick of sophistication. You can pick up a small tub of Gorgonzola cheese from Trader Joe’s, Safeway, Lucky, Whole Foods, or any grocery store.
Spring Greens Salad with Pears, Gorgonzola, and Walnuts:
- 1 bag Spring mix
- 1 pear cut into thin slices
- 10 pieces of toasted walnuts (you can toast it on the stove or on the oven)
- 4 tbsp Gorgonzola or blue cheese
- 4 tbsp white wine vinegar, peach vinegar, or any white vinegar will do
- 2 tsp honey
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Salt & pepper to taste
Make the Vinaigrette:
- In a small bowl whisk together honey, vinegar, salt and pepper until thickened
- Add the olive oil, and whisk until well blended
- Taste and adjust with more honey for sweetness, or more vinegar for sourness
- You can save the extra dressing in the fridge to use later
Assemble the Salad:
- In a large salad bowl place the pear slices at the bottom
- Top with spring green mix
- Sprinkle Gorgonzola cheese & walnuts
- Add half of the vinaigrette and toss salad. You can add more or less dressing depending on your taste.
- Add a little more crushed black pepper
- Serve immediately. The salad will wilt from the dressing so it is best to add the dressing right before serving.