These are delicious pesto sandwiches with creamy avocado and bell peppers on whole wheat bread. My friend Roli made these tea sandwiches for an afternoon get together and served them with crisp sautéed asparagus.
Pesto Tea Sandwiches with Bell Peppers, Avocado & Crisp Sautéed Asparagus
recipe courtesy of Roli
- 8 whole grain wheat bread slices, crusts removed
- 8 – 10 tbsp pesto sauce ( I bought mine from Trader Joe’s) but Roli made hers at home
- 1 bell pepper cut thinly
- 2 avocados peeled and cut into thin slices
- Salt and pepper
- 1 bunch asparagus spears
- Olive oil
- 1 lemon
- Spread pesto sauce on bread slices. Add sliced avocado and bell pepper. Squeeze some lemon juice on the avocado slices.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and a drizzle of olive oil.
- Close the sandwiches and cut into quarters. Place on a platter.
- Sauté asparagus in 1 tbsp olive oil until crisp and charred – about 10 minutes. Turn the stove off. Add salt and pepper. Spread the asparagus on the sandwich platter.
- Sandwiches are ready.
Cook’s Notes: Feel free to add slices of Swiss cheese or any other cheese to turn these sandwiches into an even more filling meal. Serve with lemonade and fresh fruit for a light and nutritious lunch option.
6 thoughts on “Pesto Tea Sandwiches with Crisp Sautéed Asparagus”
Love sandwiches. This looks yummy and healthy. Will make it soon.
These were definitely delicious sandwiches and nutritious too when made with whole wheat bread!
Love pesto ❣❣ seems healthy and tasty….and the pics look very tempting…. perfect yummy pleasures for mornings ✌✌
Cool idea to have these in the morning! Hope you like them!
Lovely post…So delicious and healthy..Will try this soon !!
Thanks. Glad you enjoyed.